Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Staying Positive

After the ruckus of Monday... I need to be positive about things... even though many times my depression brings me down all time lows!  I'm happy to say I didn't let my depression get to me yesterday!  It came in but I didn't let it go through!  Part of it was recovering from my not so good day Monday... and the other part of it was hearing from good friends... family members... and parents of kiddos I worked with at Highland View Elementary School Kids After Hours that I am loved and cared for!

What really is making me stay positive though is how much of an inspiration I have been over the past few years of working with cute kiddos!  I know for a fact that with SportsPlus I am making a HUGE difference and am an inspiration to the kiddos I worked with from September through Dember of 2012!  But yesterday when I was visiting Highland View Elementary School Kids After Hours... two cute and adorable and sweet girls made me realize how much of an inspiration I am and how much of a difference I have made in their lives!  The first girl I had a gut feeling that my running and triathlon achievements inspired her to participate in Girls on the Run!  But the surprise of the whole thing with her... she wants to do triathlons!  And guess who she wants to be her coach?  It brought me to tears... of joy and happiness of course to have her tell me that!  With the other girl... I'm still not clear if I was an inspiration to her joining and participating in Girls on the Run... but  her and her mom follow all my running and triathlon stories that I share and well I think this girl has become inspired to keep it up!

I'm so happy and thrilled and upbeat about the positive thing I am doing to change lives of kiddos at the after school program I worked at a few years ago!  When I get down... I MUST remember the above so I can fight the depression and not let it get me down!

"Shoot For The Moon.  Even If You Miss, You'll Land Among The Stars." Les Brown

  

No comments:

Post a Comment